I want nothing more to continually share information, get the conversations started, with the world about the world. Through all my travels the one thing that remains constant is the idea that the more I learn, the more I know how much I don’t know.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A GRS Update

I realized after reading some other intern's blogs that I may not exactly be doing GRS a great service through my blog, because I normally discuss only my life and fail to mention what is going on in the organization on a larger scale. So I am going to try to intersperse my life stories with some relevant GRS news for those of you that do not regularly check the GRS website, but do manage to read my blog. Oh, first, we have reached over 350,000 graduates. Big kilo for GRS! The latest news article is pretty fun and something you all can look out for in the months to come. I guess a while back Grassroot Soccer won a grant from British Airways that provided us with 10 worldwide roundtrip tickets (uh, lucky, wonder who got to use those, haha, probably Tommy Clark and company), 5 free global shipments (whatever that means), and $1,000 towards hotel accommodation. Now British Airways has selected GRS to be the face of the new Face-to-Face campaign. Tommy Clark (for those who don’t know, though most of you should is one of the GRS founders and the CEO) was interviewed on camera for this campaign and his full page advertisement will run in the following print media coming up, as in already out this week:

Business Week ----February 2011 TBD
The Economist ----September 25th, 2010
The Economist ----February 2011 TBD
Forbes ----October 11th, 2010
Fortune ----February 2011 TBD
Time: Global Business Section ----November 1st, 2010
The Week ----October 1st, 2010
The Week ----November 12th, 2010
The New Yorker ----November 1st, 2010
Entrepreneur ----December, 2010
Fast Company ----December 2010/January 2011
Inc ----November, 2010
Harvard Business Review ----March, 2011
The Atlantic ----January/February 2011
Sherman’s Travel ----Winter 2010/2011
Business Traveler ----December 2010/January 2011


Keep an eye out for me, maybe hold on to a copy for me, so I may actually see it upon return to the U.S. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment