I want nothing more to continually share information, get the conversations started, with the world about the world. Through all my travels the one thing that remains constant is the idea that the more I learn, the more I know how much I don’t know.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Wish I Could Dance

I wish I could dance like all these crazy people over here. I am so super jealous of the African’s natural ability to just move. Any movement can become a dance to any song, beat, or even conversation. Dance is more of a way of life here. People sing and dance for every occasion: to exclaim joy, to deal with pain and sorrow, and just get through everyday chores. It seems like such a healthy way to live life; I have read before that dancing is one of those things that can add years on to your life and I also know that I am happiest when I am dancing. So, I would suggest putting on those dancing shoes and getting a move on.

At the HCT we had a sound system and Glad was working as the DJ for the day, so there was just constant music, which means constant dancing. Even the 2-3 year olds has some seriously sick moves of which I found myself extremely jealous. I guess kids are born and breed to be amazing dancers in this country. I would love to see So You Think You Can Dance South Africa; now that would be a crazy competition. Azania, Thembi, and Jippli (Kim coach) spent a lot of the day teaching us some dancing moves and then laughing at us. We have to just go with it and deal with them making fun of us if we are going to learn anything and become better dancers. We definitely got some great dance circles going that we ended up having to stop because it was taking the attention away from the soccer. Overall I have a lot to learn on the African dancing front. Ah, so much to do, so much to learn, and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment